QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, November 26, 2011

The Dolly Show

I recently dug out my dolly collection, cause I wanted to pick some out as stand ins for the characters in my book. I took some pictures for you as I unloaded my tupperwares and undressed and sorted them. (The very fact that I have tupperwares full is why I don't collect them anymore. Most were bought on sale so I have a weird mix.)

First, the Star Wars Collection. Here's the core gang.
 

The sand inhabitants

Some good guys. Don't you love Admiral Akbar?!
And of course, ole smoothy himself, Lando. "We got to give him more time!"
My husband's always buying my Yodas of various sizes.

Some baddies. The Boba Fett is from my brother's childhood. I never had Ken dolls, cause they suck. I used Boba Fett as the boyfriend.

 This looks like Jar Jar, but he's got a bad ass look on his face. Must be another Gungan.
Plus he must be cool, cause he's hanging with Gandalf the White.

Here's the boys collection. A Cylon and some other Battlestar dude, from the childhood collection. Also my brother's Planet of the Apes guys. And then Beast, Quasimodo, Wolverine and Nightcrawler.

Much sexier than Ken! Well except for the Jem guy down in front. ...No, he's sexier than Ken too. 

It seems the last time I used these dudes was when I made a present for my old boss. It was A Christmas Carol starring him as Scrooge (he was a very grumpy guy) and also the rest of us. ...I think this was the doll playing him. Exciting jacket!

Marley's chain.

Jem guy!

Minion loved munching on his hair

Another Regency dressed gent.

 Another of the Christmas Carol cast, but... he looks like a young Oscar Wilde!

 Here he is modeling the fur cloak my mother made--part of a set of Queen Amidala costumes.

Here's a blurry photo of the mini doll my stepmother painted--it's supposed to be me! Though I wear a bit less makeup. She repaints dolls and sells them and gives the money to an orphanage in Mexico. I included the Before picture.

Here's how I dressed Amidala for my trip to London. But Yoda ended up in most of the photos because he was more photogenic.

 Disco Barbie in Victorian gear.

Baby Spice's neck broke

Amidala outfits made by my mum:
 

Crocheted dress Christmas present from a coworker

Three outfits my mother made me when I was little. I love the designs and the fabrics:



And that is the dolly shoooow!

8 comments:

BrotherPaul said...

JarJar and Space Gandalf would be an awesome buddy-picture!

London Mabel said...

A cop buddy pic. "Meesa gonna kick yousa ass. Yousa gonna hurt bombad."

widdershins said...

"Quiet you fool. The Mines of Moira are no place to babble on. 5

Simone said...

Jem!!! wow... that takes me back!
"exciting adventure, fashion and fame! Once you're a jem-girl you're never the same! come on come on and BE a jem-girl JEM! jem is my name"

London Mabel said...

And so Space Gandalf and Jar Jar Binks fought an epic battle against the Tribe of Jem on the Mines of Moira...

tune in next week to see who will kill Jar Jar first. The Jemmites, or Space Gandalf.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a load of blast from the past. I'd forgotten what the clothes I'd bought looked like. They were great fun. I definitely agree with the buff boys over Ken. lol

CiCi

Anonymous said...

Oops! Meant to say the clothes I designed and sewed for your dolls.

CiCi

Jason said...

You could make your own version of Robot Chicken!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}