QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

a song and a non-report report

Just heard this new Sinead song, I guess from an upcoming album. It's fantastic! Very passionate. You guys will like.



Not much to report. I've been having trouble with insomnia, so that's a pain in the ass. There was the crochet hook I got stuck in my foot. A bit of friend socializing. Went to an outdoor sculpture museum--stone carvings from west Africa. Then had to keep driving Fernando back there so he could hang out for hours and talk to the sculptor. And we saw the Lego movie at a movie in the park thing.

2 comments:

widdershins said...

I'm thinking the crochet hook wasn't a large sized one, 'cos I usually work with 3.50's and larger and my mind would not compute how you got one of those stuck ... hope all is healed now.

London Mabel said...

2 or 2.5, I forget. Even so I still wouldn't think it! Yet it did. I have a pic of the hook, just keep forgetting to upload.

I got a couple days off work, but the injury was barely felt.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}