QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Thank God we're counting stars and not dollars (cause I have none of the latter)

Wow--this must be the longest time I've disappeared from my bloggy! Nothing special happening. Mostly doing my crafts...

* Still finishing the gift for Mme Miroir.
* Knitting myself a cowl.
* Converted a 90s dress into a different sort of dress.
* Am plotting a t-shirt dress, made from little kids' t-shirts.
* Am making some pillow cases into knitting needle/crochet hook cases.

* Finished rewatching Game of Thrones--I'm ready for April baby! Got step-mommy hooked too.
* Watched season 2 of 
* Now watching brother-recommended sci fi series Orphan Black.
* Watching a lot of Myrna Loy - William Powell movies.

On the writing front, I dug out an old story that I'm re-reading with the possibility of epublishing. I've wanted to do this for awhile, but couldn't find anything I didn't want to massively rewrite. I finally lit upon a story that's so absolutely ridiculous, I probably wouldn't be sad to put it out in the world. We'll see.

In high school I started writing stories where the characters were based on my friends, only as adults. I continued doing this in my twenties with everyone I met--the above-mentioned story is one I wrote about my co-workers at the bookstore. But the resemblance they bear to real people is so slight, and the resemblance to real events so nil, that I don't think anyone can sue me for libel. Just changing the names...

Songs I'm still enjoying even though they're overplayed:

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly


Wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older


And finally, kitteh pictures:




3 comments:

Skye said...

Wow, you've been busy! You sound great. And the kitty pics are great.

widdershins said...

Mabel sammich! ... and bunneh feetz

London Mabel said...

@Skye - Yeah just biding my time...

@widders - Bunneh feetz!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}