QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, February 19, 2016

Measha Brueggergosman, Joni and I really don't know life

This won't be for everyone, but the first time I saw it it gave me shivers, and it can still bring me to tears. Not only is Measha so expressive, but the arrangement takes the song to a place you're not expecting. It's the Phil-Spector-as-described-by-Art-Garfunkel technique: you give the audience everything except the kitchen sink... and then you give them the kitchen sink.

And I think the epic feel surprisingly suits a song with such huge themes.



Something's lost, and something's gained, in living every day.

1 comment:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}