QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 24, 2013

moving

We'll be in the new house by Thursday. Back in the land of Real Internet Connectiones! I find having bad internet I just waste MORE time, waiting for something to load etc. Though I did mostly give up on facebook, emailing people, reading blogs etc. Took movies out from the library instead, to watch on my computer. Luckily they have a great collection of Marx Brother and FredGinger movies.

Been painting my suite. The floor is done. Beadboard still to go up. I want to try open shelves, even though I'll have cats. Like this...

I picked up a 1930s style vanity from Mme Miroir (work pal) today. Needs a lot of work, but it' super cute. She also gave me an old typewriter, and paint, and a yarn bag.

Also scored this great sewing table, from work! In perfect condition...

In other news, I'll be going home for a visit in August. And Fernando's decided he might like me to bring both cats back with me. Yay! So I'm busy buying toys and dishes and thinking of ways to create indoor territory for them. Though I'll feel sad parting them from Fernando, I hope that me having left for a year, they'll have learned "Okay, sometimes these dudes disappear for a long while, but they come back."

In the meantime the neighbor has two cats, one of whom is a VERY friendly kitten. She always wants to come inside.

Alright, hope to visit you all soon in blogland!

 

6 comments:

Skye said...

Yay for moving soon and for getting both kitties and a long visit home! And big YAY for soon being able to visit blogs and all that; I've definitely missed you!

widdershins said...

Gorgeous sewing table ... love the foldout bit!

... what Skye said!

... KITTEHS!!!

Simone said...

A visit!!!!!!!!

Bet you extra super psyched about the cats :)

Simone said...

I meant: A visit!!!!!! Can we squeeze in some sushi?

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Good to hear from you. Will the cats be okay living with the bird/s?

London Mabel said...

@skye I've missed everyone too!

@widders I'm excited to sew something

@Simone Yes, definitely sushi or something :-)

@JJJ The point of a separate suite is so I can have the cats, somewhere away from the birds. The house is two floors. Upstairs my parents' rooms, and the birds. Downstairs my stepmommy's paint studio/office/dolls, and the laundry room and suite. Doors separating all these. The cats can be in my suite and the laundry room, and hopefully outside once we've built our kitty condo.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}