QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, April 30, 2015

I don't think the past is better just 'cause it's cased in glass

Creepy Thrift Donation of the Day... precious children candle. About as big as your hand. I think the boy is picking nits from the girl's hair. Maybe lice.


Song of the Day:



Katie got a list of times
Now that she's really gone, gone
It's always one like flies
Telling now we weren't clarified

Till we snuck out that night
Rolled a Chrysler down drive
But once we were inside
Couldn't figure out where we were off to


That was before we had made
Some terrible mistakes
That's just teenage talk
I don't think the past is better, better
Just 'cause it's cased in glass

Protecting us from our now and later

How do you see me now
Now that I'm a little bit older, older?
And now remind my albatross
Smoldering on my shoulder, shoulder,
Shoulder, shoulder, shoulder

2 comments:

widdershins said...

Quick, light it, burn it to the ground. Destroy it!!!

London Mabel said...

What sweet pleasure that would be.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}