QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, April 2, 2015

"In winter you must have been barely alive"

So. I feel like life is slowly on the uptick. Here's the (veggie)beef.

* I started going to therapy--frankly because Fernando wanted me to. But that's cool, I think therapy can be good for anyone, if you like your therapist. I think she's lovely. She's very empathetic, but also very professional. And laughs a lot. So far she's just gotten background info from me, so talking about my childhood and family and such. Which has only reinforced in my mind that I had a good childhood for the most part, and love my family a ton.

* I had one job interview a few weeks back, through a friend. I have another one next week--a second interview, actually. Spring's coming which means my job is going to go crazy soon (taking in donated goods during spring cleaning / moving season. You can imagine.)

* And I finally figured out the plot of my novella!

A lot of TV shows are ending, which either means time to pick up some new(old) ones, or time to watch less TV and work on my book.  ;-)  ...Or clean my home.  >:-(

And overall winter is lifting, and my spirits have lifted along with it. And I love the symbolism inherent in spring--life after death, renewing ourselves.

"People are like flowers, they blossom in the sun." 
- Jane Siberry


___
Song of the Day: My friends Vidal and Onthatmidnightstreet are having a baby. And some of the reactions they've been having reminded me of this song from Carousel. (And who knew the cutie from Foyle's War and Downton Abbey could sing!)



3 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Loving your spring list!

London Mabel said...

I got another call for an interview today, so I have two next week! Yay spring.

widdershins said...

WTG on the interviews - all digits crossed ... and also congrats on the novella plot! :)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}