QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, May 7, 2016

1973: E.L.O. is just awesome

One of my dad's albums that my brother and I *discovered.* This is the ELO take on Grieg's In the Hall of the Mountain King. I love the crisp sound of those guitars combined with violin, and I love the drums--what a cool cover. Jeff Lynne created such a great sound with this band.



Live version:

2 comments:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

Wonder where that ol rock-N-roll
went? Like Led Zepplin? Bob Seger?RUSH? Loverboy? Now, it just seems to be regurgitated... and that cRAP. No thanx, I'll schtick with Dire
Straits anyday. You rrrock!!!

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

...and Joan Jett kick-some-ass...

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}