QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, March 22, 2015

More random reading lists

Oh look! The books I brought with me to Nanaimo back in 2012.

Read
Mother Night - read before I left - enjoyed
The English Patient - loved it
My Lucky Star - Wodehouse with gays - right for the depression I was in!
Indiscretion - very Heyer-Austenian writer, so enjoyed
Starfish - too dark for my mood, but very good hard sci fi about ocean floor sh*t
Rumpole a la carte - always enjoy Rumpole
The Name of the Wind - not quite for me, but most fantasy readers enjoy it


Tried to Read but Rejected
- Time Traveler's Wife
- The Halifax Connection
- Wild Swans - don't think I even tried to read it. Just decided it was too depressing for my state of mind, and left it behind.
- Millionaire
- Objets perdues
- Un gout de bonheur
- Saga
- Orlando


Sped-red
- Light Fantastic by Pratchett -- not good
- The New Yorkers by Schine -- once I realized a dog would die... 


Left in Nanaimo Unread (I think... )
-Rules of Prey
-maybe the Rendells
- Serial Killers Club


Read Since
- the Sharon Shinn book

--> So out of 40 books I managed to read or eliminate half. Pretty lame. The rest I brought home!






Pretty sure I read or read-rejected a few of these before leaving



1 comment:

widdershins said...

Quite the list :D ... Hyer-Austenian - love it.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}