QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Grade A 80s Cheese Prince Wannabe



Well the Great Song Cull is done.

Not the part where I share it with you... there's still months of that to come! Though it did get easier as I went on, cause there were less and less songs. Ex. 2014 looked big, but turned out to have a lot of small files from when I uploaded some books on CD.

18 433 to 13 485

About 5000 songs (or files.) Not bad. I'm going to go back to some of the earlier ones and re-cull. There are some artists like Prince whom I just kept, but in reality I'd like to get rid of some of their songs. I want it so that if I put my itunes on "random" I will like every song.

I think I'll also use my cull smart list to make a basic playlist--cause it's already set up to skip classical, 1920s, musicals etc -- stuff I usually don't want to listen to randomly, mixed in with pop and rock and folk.

Spring cleaning done!



1 comment:

widdershins said...

Bravo!!! ... A sisyphean task completed! :)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}