QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Prince always sang Purple Rain

[I had a couple other versions of Purple Rain up here, but The Keepers of Prince's Music are keeping his legacy alive by taking videos down as fast as they ever did in the past.]

For the people who were there to see him for the first time. Amazes me how he could emote at this level for all these decades. I think you have to know how to live in the present, to do something like that.

I'm sure I've mentioned before that it wasn't even a fave song of mine, until I saw him in concert in the midst of marriage troubles, and broke down as soon as he sang the first line. Dammit!

Have you heard the story by now? When the Superbowl people told Prince it was going to be pouring rain when he was to do his halftime show, he said: Can you make it rain harder?


No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}