QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bring your blue sky back: A farewell to le tired

I am Le Tired. Over a week ago I caught a cold, just a regular head cold, and then it became a tonsil infection. Well this is my theory anyway--not going to the doctor since it's probably viral. I didn't miss any work cause I was like "It's just a head cold" but a week later I was still tired, and blowing my nose all the time, and getting a sore throat. Would also explain why I was so exhausted those last days of packing.

Anyway. I'm recovering. But we've also been a bit understaffed and over-furnitured at work lately, and since we have to take all the furniture outside each morning and bring it all back in at the end, too much furniture + not enough staff = le tired and leaving work late. Plus driving a little further.

And we're here at a lovely resort, but the internet connection is obnoxious to say the least. I've been struggling for days just to get my and Fernando's taxes completed (our living in different provinces + fighting the internets = le tired)...

So. I need to simplify life. I have a tendency to take on too much STUFF in life. I'm going to give *notice* for my volunteer work at the book store. And I'm giving up my Year of Love Songs plan. Ahh it was a project made at a time when I was young, carefree, and hadn't yet entered the HELL OF PACKING followed by sickness and over-furnituretude and shitty internets.

Plus, once we have possession of the house, I'll have horrid wallpaper to remove so... more physical labor is in my near future. I just want to rest.

But we shall leave the love song unproject with one last song, suggested by our lovely frog JJJ. And at some point I'll be back with other things to share... someday... who knows when... someday...



you could have a steam train
if you'd just lay down your tracks
you could have an aeroplane flying
if you bring your blue sky back

all you do is call me
I'll be anything you need

you could have a big dipper
going up and down, all around the bends
you could have a bumper car, bumping
this amusement never ends

I want to be your sledgehammer
why don't you call my name
oh let me be your sledgehammer
this will be my testimony
show me round your fruitcage
'cos I will be your honey bee
open up your fruitcage
where the fruit is as sweet as can be

I want to be your sledgehammer
why don't you call my name
you'd better call the sledgehammer
put your mind at rest
I'm going to be-the sledgehammer
this can be my testimony
I'm your sledgehammer
let there be no doubt about it

sledge sledge sledgehammer

I've kicked the habit
shed my skin
this is the new stuff
I go dancing in, we go dancing in
oh won't you show for me
and I will show for you
show for me, I will show for you
yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I do mean you
only you
you've been coming through
going to build that power build, build up that power, hey
I've been feeding the rhythm
I've been feeding the rhythm
going to feel that power, build in you
come on, come on, help me do
yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you
I've been feeding the rhythm
I've been feeding the rhythm
it's what we're doing, doing
all day and night

5 comments:

Skye said...

I love this song! One of my favorites.

Sorry you have been le tired. I have been since I got here. We can recover together. But yours is from sickness and so much work and mine is much less obviously tangible.

You finish getting better. And then we will arrange a time to get together, yes? I love driving up there and it might be good for me to get out.

Take care!

lora96 said...

hope the headcold improves. having just left the hell of packing for the even worse hell of unpacking, i wish you luck and possibly wine.

widdershins said...

Farewell to the lovesongs.

Hope this gorgeous sunshine is tempting you to wallow on a deckchair.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I think you've done really good to get this far.
And thanks for Sledgehammer!

London Mabel said...

@Skye - You have good reason to be Le Tired. You've been through a LOT these past couple years. I wish you much recovery. :-) And then maybe we'll see you up here! That would be Le Exciting.

@lora - Oh yes, you just went through it! I wish you luck and wine too.

@widders - Yes when I can drag myself off my chair.

@JJJ - :-D

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}