QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Title-ahj 2013

I was talking yesterday about titles I like and don't like. Here are some from this year:

Titles that don't tell me anything:

Men at Arms - by Pratchett (other than that it's a Guards book)

Indiscretion - Morgan


Titles that remind me what the book was:

Going Postal - Pratchett
 
The New Yorkers - Schine

Maus - Spiegelman


Titles that sound nice, but I don't know what they meant

Hunting Unicorns - Pollen
Starfish - Watts


Title that are descriptive of what I just read, and the title is meaningful, layered:

Habibi - Thompson

Rules of Civility - Towles

The English Patient - Ondaatje

Monstrous Regiment - Pratchett



2 comments:

Skye said...

Hmm.

Titles that remind me what it's about and are layered:

The Beekeeper's Apprentice - Laurie R. King
Folly - King
Spindle's End - McKinley
Changeling Sea - McKillip
Talking to Dragons - Wrede

London Mabel said...

I wasn't crazy about the couple Laurie Kings I read, but agree re her titles.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}