QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Missed 80s, missed Prince

Came across this song. Sheena Easton says it's her favorite, but I'd never heard it. Even though it's a Prince composition! It's very 80s, but in a coolsexy way. Lots of wailing. And a funky keytar player.



And of course, this is the Prince song we all know. Check out those earrings...


Speaking of Prince, he announced a last minute concert last weekend (Hit and Run tour) but I couldn't go. Too broke! Too much debt. :-(   Luckily I saw him when he first started touring with that band (3rd Eye Girl) so I don't feel like I TOTALLY missed out.

The best concert I saw was my first, when he played a last minute concert at the Jazz Festival. It was in a club, first come first stand, so I was in the equivalent of row 11! It was incredible. You don't need to be a Prince fan to enjoy his concerts (I also saw him in an arena concert.) It's where he shines, what he was put on Earth to do. Srsly. You never hear anything but praise about his concerts. I've never read a bad review. (Aside from the Rolling Stone concert goers who booed him when he was an opener!)

No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}