QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, May 5, 2014

Pink Martini does the Rockies

Tonight I'm in a motel in Moose Jaw. Got a late start leaving Fernando's sister's house (about 11:30) so I drove til 8 PM to make up time.

But first, I forgot to post my other mountain pictures: The Rockies!


Pink Martini monkey checks the tires...

 We see mountains a-comin'!

Sitting in some mountain park.

The lakes are still frozen!

Jasper National Park, which my dad likes better than Banff. He worked for a rail company as a lad, including here in Jasper. The train station is still here.

As is the totem pole.




Elk by the side of the road!





Finally, an unfrozen waterway so we can see the Caribbean-like color of the water that you see in these parts.



We stop at the roadside. To the right: Water, and soft sand.
 Pink Martini enjoys the view...

Decides she needs to see this closer...

Daydreaming on the beach.

Dudie Red sitting by the highway!

To the lef: Dry riverbed.

Softy sand blowing around.



Out of the Rockies, now things look dull again.

One last meal before getting into Edmonton.

We're in Alberta now...

Edmonton Eskimos and Edmonton Oilers.

5 comments:

widdershins said...

The mountain pics look sumptuous!

Simone said...

you must start linking to Facebook so that I feel like you feel you are not being ignored by moi!

LOL

Can't wait to see you! Going to Maiko on Thursday and by default my ming is on you!

BarbN said...

You and Pink Martini are adorable, but I like the cartoons the best.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Pink Martini appears to make a perfect traveling companion. Lovely pix. Thanks for sharing.

London Mabel said...

@barb - I'm loving my brother's series.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}