QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, July 22, 2011

Evil Minion strikes again... and again... and again

First, a little moth hunting...






 (Look how big Minion's gotten. Cause she gets into as much food as she can!)



 Look at those wild eyes...



TRUBBLE
Came home today and found this.
"Ohh. What happened to Mr Peanut?"
"Like you don't know."
"Wha? Wha?"

 You see the cereal on the top row? Minion likes to hang around on the top row of my pantry shelves and one night this week I heard "Ooh cereal!" and promptly heard her breaking into the Corn Flakes. I tried placing the boxes on their sides.

Later I heard a noise in a kitchen and found the Corn Flakes on the floor and Minion digging in.
 I don't really know how she did it.
You see the yellow bag under the cereal? It's flour.

I went back to the livingroom and soon after heard a soft BOOM.
"Nom nom nom."
Sherry-cat used to like baked goods, but he never figured out how to go straight to the source.

After I confiscated the flour I found her chewing on this cleaning pad.

Ahhhhhhh!!!
By the time she wanted to wrestle the paper towels again, I was happy to hand them to her.


TOYS

And so we buy more toys.

Which she destroys beyond recognition.
She brings this, asks me to throw it.
Throw it? I don't even want to touch it.

Pink dye from feathers she was sucking on.

"Oh sigh. I am Le Bored."

I found tunnels at the dollar store, made her a 2nd one!


Tied them together for a super tunnel!



She ran up and down it until she made panty-face. Oops! Forgot it's 35 degrees.


HALEY
Why so smug looking?
(Sitting on your crazy box tower. It has a plastic lining because she has a small tummy and gets hairballs a lot and barfed on her tower this week. Bleh! And yet, still the smugatude.)

Because she's starting to stand up to Minion. 
When I empty a can of food I let one them lick it. I try to have two cans going, and empty two at the same time so they can have one each. Or I lock up Minion for awhile and let Haley have a go, and then let Minion out--because otherwise Minion dominates the can. 

But that morning I fed Haley and left empty can #1 by her, while I brought a different can, and Minion, to the bedroom. Then I put the still-full can #2 in the fridge and went to brush my teeth. When I returned, Haley was successfully guarding empty can #1 from Minion! She was dipping her paws into it, daintily licking the food off her paws, and sending Minion the occasional hiss.

But why was Minion respecting the his?? I don't know. This is about the third time I've seen Haley either defend a moth she's killed, or even ONCE a place she wanted to sit. Amazing. There's hope for Peace in the Meowee East. Gives me hope for the Middle East.


                                  

5 comments:

widdershins said...

Chortling now ... kittehs is more amoozin than TV anyday!

skye said...

Excellent stories of kittehs. But what weird eating/chewing habits! Must drive you around the bend sometimes. And yet, we must always forgive them, because they are kittehs.

Thank you for sharing!

Judie said...

What crazy kittens. Corn flakes?
I've never had a cat eat that before.

London Mabel said...

I think EM is just so smart, it's the thrill of the hunt. If she can smell food, she will try to break into it, just because she needs to try. It's a puzzle!

Though Haley did enjoy eating the flour after Minion broke it open. Most conventional cat food is all grain and corn after all. (Not the kind I buy them.)

Bona Fide Betty said...

LOL... love the photo essay. :)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}