QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, July 16, 2011

The hidden clues in your art

In June I wrote about a one-woman play my husband and I enjoyed and quoted from a book on writing that I was reading at the time. My brother just commented on a quote that he liked from that post. And then he sent me this cartoon. I thought the quote and the toon went nicely together.


THE QUOTE AND THE CARTOON:

"Listen carefully to first criticisms made of your work. Note just what it is about your work that the critics don't like and cultivate it. That's the only part your work that's individual and worth keeping."


If this chicken gets four more "you lack confidence" comments, he needs to stick to what he's doing. It's brilliant!

       

2 comments:

Judie said...

Love the quote. Love the cartoon. Awesome.

widdershins said...

Chortling!!!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}