QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, October 9, 2011

not much to say

Sting wrote a beautiful song back in the 90s called "I'm So Happy That I Can't Stop Crying," from the point of view of a father going through a divorce. He wrote it as a country song, but I didn't realize Toby Keith later covered it (with Sting as guest vocals) -- it's even better than the original. And the combo of the song, and the video this person put together, brought out all kinds of sweet comments on youtube about divorce and deceased fathers. Shniff!




On a lighter note--the full "Big Bang Theory" theme, with great pictures.

2 comments:

Shayna said...

I loved that song by Sting! It was one of those songs that I taped off the radio and listened to over and over on a mix tape, but I was pretty sure none of my friends had ever heard of. Nostalgia!

London Mabel said...

Ahhh the days of taping off radio. I almost miss them.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}