QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Oliver Kitteh - Chapter Six: Being a chapter full of new adventures and travails

 

Oliver Kitteh - Chapter Six

Being a chapter full of new adventures and travails.

As told by Ms Brownlow (italic narration by Mabel).



Click here for chapters one, two, three, four and five.

Dear readers, 

Last we left Oliver he had been introduced to the Petco structure, and climbing over the dowels. In this week's exciting installment, we see his little attempts to climb it!

I don't think he ever quite managed to do it, but it was worth a try, right?

Well, it was very worth a try, actually, because it helped strengthen
his back legs.  It was fabric, so he could use his little claws to
hold on, and he managed to stretch up his entire length, he just never
got any higher than that at this stage.  But it was still a
accomplishment and he was impressed with himself.  I think it sort of
counted as getting off the ground.

Cats climb, right?  Oliver worked on his climbing.

You can see little back leg all stretched out!
Notice how Mamma Chloe is coaching him.


I also got him this little collapsible hut, and it's another thing that got a lot of use.

But really I wanted you to see how eager he was to head out and
explore everything that was put in his immediate area.  And I wanted
you to see how he was using his little legs.

Moving from one place to another took him a very long time, but he was
determined to check everything out and find every way to use things
that he could.  And he got stronger every day.

"Check me out, Other Mommy! Rowr!"

I don't know about you, dear readers, but I thought about little Oliver this week (and BarbN's daughter) when faced with some seemingly entrenched problems. Just focus on one part, and work work work at it, til you pass out from exhaustion. That is what I reminded myself. (As opposed to the lessons I learn from my Haley, such as "If someone stands in your way, cut 'em. That's what claws are for." Or "If something's too hard to do, annoy your hue-mahn until they do it for you.")


     

No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}