QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, August 31, 2012

Inside force & the Worst Motel in Nanaimo

The one thing about job hunting is it can be entertaining. Somtimes I read ones that I know I won't do, but that I'm curious about. Like what's a "faller"? Something to do with cutting down trees. Or the posting for a live-in manager for a motel. I figured out which motel they were talking about, and based on the reviews I've dubbed it The Worst Motel in Nanaimo. Blood on the sheets, cockroaches, prostitutes, drug dealers, and so many bed bugs that one couple lay on the coverlet watching tv for an hour, and when they stood up they were covered in bites. And the motel never refunds anyone. Can you imagine not only being the manager but having to LIVE there? lol

Anyway, yesterday I was checking out the facebook page of a company and came across this.


5 comments:

Judie said...

Well, I've never thought about an egg that way before. I like that thought.

Good luck with the job hunting.

Skye said...

What a cool image and text! Very creative, which could indicate either a cool place to work or a place with a great marketing department/agency. :)

Good luck with the job hunting. I'm having a heck of a time because I'm sick and cannot start anything immedicately, I feel so bad. It will have to wait a few more days before job hunting becomes difficult by itself. :)

widdershins said...

Love the egg quote ... reminds me of a cartoon: There's a cracked open egg and little chicken tracks walking away from it. On the inside of the egg there are lines drawn on the shell like someone has been marking days off on a calendar.

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

Good thought nicely worded with the egg thing.

London Mabel said...

@Judie - Me either! And thanks.

@Skye - It's a chiropractic company. Judging by the wording of the job posting, I suspect this is a sincere representation of the owner. (Holistic health approach etc.) ...I added "learning meditation" to the Hobbies on my cv, lol.

@widders - Cute!

@JJJ - A helpful one when going through Tough Times.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}