QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Song that was there for me this past week



In Yoruba mythology Oya is the goddess of storms and destruction and "Beyond destruction, Oya is the spirit of change, transition, and the chaos that often brings it about." Her name means "she tore." (wiki)

It all rests on this
How do I see things now
In my average day
Am I an average Joe
Or do I seize the moment
And call on Oya
The goddess of change


"The Goddess of Change" by Joan Armatrading

4 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

Are you okay?

Skye said...

That's a cool song. Are you having a rough time? When do you get to go back and visit with Fernando and the kitties? It sounds like you need to.

London Mabel said...

It's been a pineapple week. I guess my feelings were set off by Mum's cat Chino having to be put down, even though I wasn't there for it. And then Mystery not eating afterwards. But probably those feelings just connected to deeper things, like missing Fernando and the kitties.

I'm not planning to go back for a visit until next year sometime. I have to find work cause even flying standby costs money, plus I can't afford to be over there, not job hunting. And then once I have work, it'll take time before I can have time off! ...We'll see how it goes.

I'm starting some volunteer work next week, at the literacy bookstore. ...And my writing's finally coming again, so that's something. ...And I got some more Pratchett from the library.

Thanks for asking. :-S

widdershins said...

Some days are diamonds and some are just big ol' lumps of rock eh?

You're putting your Self through some HUGE changes. It's not surprising you've got the pineapples. Sometimes you gotta fry them in beer batter and eat 'em!

*big hugs* from the Widder family.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}