QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, September 14, 2012

Vacations on Mars!

For some reason I've had two songs stuck in my head for at least a week now. I mean they keep returning. Is this a sign? Am I meant to get some message?? If so it's a strange one...

"Criswell Predicts" is just an amusing song by Mae West, about the predictions of some predictor dude back in her day. I don't know all the words by heart so it was bugging me when doing yard work recently. Kept trying to get "Little Red Corvette" in my head instead.

And "What You Waiting For" by Gwen Stefanie is the other one.

By the by, I don't like the term ear worm. What is this ear worm thing? What ever happened to good old fashioned "stuck in my head"? Ear worm makes me think of Star Trek, as if a song has crawled into my head and eaten my brain.

 

 

2 comments:

widdershins said...

Mae is one of my favourite gals of yesteryear! That woman knew how to strut her stuff.

Skye said...

I, too, dislike the term "ear worm." It does sound like something that crawls into your ear. Ugh! And the song isn't stuck in my ear, it's stuck in my head. I'm with you!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}