QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, September 20, 2012

What gets me through a bad day

Shawn & Gus



Gus[grabbing his cell phone] I'm out of here. I'm calling a cab.
Sheriff Mendel: Well, those things don't work out here. We got no TVs, no radio, no refrigerators.
Gus: Sounds like prison. Except they have all those things.



Shawn: Gus, don't be the American adaptation of the British Gus.

Shawn: Gus, don't be Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Marzipan.
Gus: It's Azkaban.
Shawn: I've heard it both ways.



Shawn: Gus, don't be the only black lead on a major cable network.

Shawn: Gus, don't be exactly half of an eleven-pound Black Forest ham!

Shawn: Gus, don't be both Ashlee Simpson albums.
Gus: There were three Ashlee Simpson albums.
Shawn: That can't possibly be true.
GusAutobiographyBittersweet
Shawn: I will not do this with you right now!



Shawn: How can you tell that someone's a compulsive liar? I mean, assuming their pants aren't on fire.

Bad Guy: But know this: one stupid move, and I've got more than enough plastic bags for your body parts.
Shawn: Note to self: call Hefty with commercial idea.


Shawn: I have an idea, but we'll need cool names.

Juliet: Shawn, just so you know, if you go to prison I will not wait for you!
Shawn: Of course you won't. I'll escape; we both know that.

Gus: Shawn? What the heck are you doing here?
Shawn: I should ask you the same question.
Gus: I work here!
Shawn: I should ask you a different question.




And the one that expresses how I've felt all this year:

Juliet: You're acting like a child, Shawn.
Shawn: I am not acting!
      

3 comments:

widdershins said...

Sticks tongue out and says, 'So there!"

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I needed that. Thanks. Love the hefty commercial line.

London Mabel said...

I am not acting!!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}