QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I'd be doing alright if...

For all their kitsch, a lot of Abba's songs had a lot of truth to them--like this one. Problems always seem worse at night. And, for me, first thing in the morning. No matter what the problem, all my life when I was upset about something I dreaded going to bed the most. And waking up didn't feel much better. (Shakespeare was wrong about that sleeve gag.)

By midday I'm alright, and in the evening I'm quite good. But if the desire to cry is going to finally overpower me, it'll be at lights out. I even remember that from childhood.

(Except when I'm on Topomax. Then it'll be in broad daylight at abusy intersection of Cote Vertu.)

 

 

3 comments:

Skye said...

I love ABBA. They are full of truth. :)

Sorry you're feeling down, girl. Sending virtual hugs and smiles to you. Take care of yourself and I hope you find something to make you feel better soon. Here's to new jobs/work for both of us!

widdershins said...

Night time is when the world is quiet. It's when we can hear our Selfs.

ABBA fan here too. I collected all their albums ... even the ones where other artists sand their songs ... I had it bad!

London Mabel said...

(Look at me replying to comments so late. That'll tell you something about my life right now. Bleh!)

My best friend when I was little, and I, we both loved Abba. So in grade 7 when I was in a new province, new school, and met a girl in biology who loved Abba, I knew we'd have to be friends. That's Swiss Girl!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}