QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Sexy & Sax

I seem to have completely missed the month of March, in terms of blog reading. Just ran off to Planet Crochet or something. I should soon have an owl pillow to show for it. And a crocheted monkey that started as a hat. Anyway, I'm making my way down the list--made it to Ms JQ. Now must watch my shows. ;-) Hope to see you soon on your pages! And thanks for still being my frog even when I wander off into fields of crocheted flowers.

If anyone's interested, here's the rom com run from Girls that I talked about. Obviously it's better when you know the back story etc., because these two have screwed each other over a lot and I didn't expect them to get back together. And as Billy Mernit points out, it subverts your expectations cause it is not a classic rom com kind of show.

The moment where he clears the couch cracks me up.


(Mernit also has a post about the sex in Girls, which might give you a sense of how the show is the emo version of Sex and the CITY. )


____LOVE SONG OF THE DAYS: SEX MONTH____

Two hilarious old Rod videos. Does anyone even use the word "sexy" in music anymore? Did it go the way of the saxophone? What's interesting about "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" is... it's actually kind of sweet.

Funniest youtube comment: "my 12yrold heard adout him on a talk show and they played this song and now my child lthinks rods the man lol"






2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Nutin wrong with Rod.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen those vids in years. Hilarious how tame they seem although they were considered very hot back then. The hot legs video is great as the fem barely wiggles her tush and Rod briefly sings the lyric to the dog and then carefully steps over him. All things I never saw way back when. Plus he's wearing overalls -what happened to Dapper Rod? Funny to remember that he was the only celeb in the 70's and 80's that I would've been a full-fledged groupie for, if you get what I mean. ;)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}