QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, April 8, 2013

Still counts!

I got a slight promotion at work. When the supervisor isn't in the store, there's a "lead" who's in charge, and a second lead who's in charge when the lead's on vacation. Our old lead got a new job, he had his last day Saturday. The old "second lead" dude was promoted to lead, and I was given the "second lead" job.

Something I wasn't expecting, but I'm pleased. Our new lead is a great guy whom everyone likes and respects. He's on vacation this week, though, so I'm diving right into the new posish! I'll be in charge all day Monday (though the thrift store coordinator will be there), and I close the store all week.

Those who knew me at my last job won't be surprised that I've already typed up and printed an Excel checklist on how to close the store. ;-)

____LOVE SONGS OF THE DAYS: Sex Month____

I like the Beach Boys version better, but Roth's video is more entertaining.


And since we're on the comical, here's Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex". I like seeing "cool people" being silly, letting themselves be made fun of. Akon had a mini scandal once because he pulled a girl from the audience to *dance* with--that is to say, to dry hump the sh*t out of her--and she turned out to be under aged. It was hilariously awful and I'm pretty sure the "flop around" line is about that:

So this one's dedicated to them girls  
That let us flop around on top of them 
 If you're near or far, whether short or tall  
We want to thank you all for letting us fuck you

Though my fave line is:

Dude: She put a bag on my head
Akon: Still counts!



Moi: But I'm only second lead
Akon: Still counts!
   

9 comments:

BarbN said...

Definitely still counts! Congrats! And I also create excel spreadsheets for various non-numerical tasks so I think that's a great idea.

BarbN said...

Just watched the lonely island one- that is hilarious! Lol- thanks for posting.

Simone said...

Yeah! Congrats! whoop whoop!

BTW - Feels weird being on vac without you looking after the kitties!!

Robena Grant said...

Oh, good for you! Anyone who does excel spreadsheets has to be an awesome lead. ; )

Skye said...

Yay for you! And I make Excel spreadsheets for almost everything.

widdershins said...

Love the Twilight Zone-ish voice-over for Calif. Gurrlz

London Mabel said...

Long live spreadsheets and funny videos!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job! That's fab!!! Love the funny videos. Guess the guys in the second one don't have an Akon anymore. Please ... Somebody had to say it. Bwahahaha!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I'm proud of you! And happy for you! That being said, the heirarchial nature of it all reminds me of 'Are You Being Served'.
Miss Terri are you free?

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}