QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Your words they lie!

____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY: SEX MONTH____

Meant to post this on my mother's birthday yesterday, but posted Rod instead. That's okay, it's her fault I have a weakness for him anyway, growing up with her album collection.

But here's her (I believe) #1 love, Le Boss.


This song contains one of my most hated rhymes: "bet" and "Romeo and Juliet." "Juliet" appears to be the only word song writers can find to rhyme with "bet." Or vice versa. Just stop it.

6 comments:

Delia Moran said...

Every time I hear this song, I hear this in my mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vT-VaMXsAw :D

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Good song. Of course, now I'm also going to think of that Delia. And laugh myself silly.

Anonymous said...

Love the Moss quote, I so want to adopt him!
Love a bit of Bruce, and Delia I am also corrupted now...hilarious though.

London Mabel said...

Re Robin Williams - lol!! A wittle cwoseh...


@Kris - I adore Moss!

Anonymous said...

Bruce! Bruce! Bruce! I may be 62 but that man lights my fire every time. Sigh... Although I must admit that Elmer Fudd ain't bad. ;)

Anonymous said...

No Bruce, Rod all the way! Yeah, I was behind slightly too, and missed yesterday's post. (Probably because I've been VERY busy still singing Paradise By The Dashboard Lights, which I have now shared with Dan, so it's stuck in his head too.)

So, speaking of the deputy, and back to Rod, because, ROD STEWART, people!!! His was the first concert I dragged by soon-to-be-husband to in San Francisco circa 1981 or so (we went to several more after that, none as memorable though). Our first-dance/wedding song was You're In My Heart from the album Foot Loose And Fancy Free.

Julie
(who, as you all know, is still married to the original guy, not Rod, but inspired by)

P.S.
Happy Happy to Mom.
Aries, good folks!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}