QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 20, 2014

Fave 3 movies in 2013: Hot stuff!

Favorite Movie: Oh my I watched a LOT of TV and movies this year, because of all my Depressions and then Crochets.

Rom coms, as we know them from the 80s (the greats like Moonstruck, When Harry Met Sally) have pretty much died out. I'm an easy going viewer, but even I think that the conventional rom com in the 2000s is crap. I agree with Billy Mernit that the best rom coms now are hybrids. Like "Warm Bodies" which is a totally successful, romantic, and funny mash up of a rom com and a zombie movie.





42 was another great one. Oh I love me a good sports movie. Robinson comes off as one cool dude.



Best rewatch: Hadn't seen The Full Monty in years. It's so brilliant. And here's the best scene, which almost wasn't included... the unemployed guys waiting in line for their govt cheques


1 comment:

widdershins said...

I agree with you, that scene in The Full Monty was just so understatedly beautiful!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}