QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 22, 2015

Baby Ivan and the Silver Screen

Sometimes I wish my friend Ms Brownlow was a writer, like a novelist. Because there's something about the way she writes when she emails me--it's exactly my sense of humor. Maybe it's the way we both see the Rich Inner Lives of babies and animals.

My friends sent a video of baby Ivan. His a picture star now!

He didn't have his little hat. I hope there hasn't been a rash of hat thievery about the preemie ward. And his eyes were closed. His face still has a foetus-ee look about it, around the nose and eyes. And then the father's hand enters the picture, touches Ivan's head, and it's like OMG that baby is le tiny!!

Here's how I *read* that video:

“Sam Roberts? Is that you?”
“It’s your parents, Baby."
“I can hear you guys, but I can’t … omg I can’t see. I can’t see!”
“Well this is what you get when you come out of the oven 3/4 baked, Baby.”
“Oh. …Where’s my hat? I can’t have company without my hat.”
“Shhh.”
“...And tell the giant not to squish my head.”

I shared the video with Ms Brownlow, cause we share everything. She always enters into the spirit of things. This was her reply:

Definitely a premie, but a strong little one, almost ready to venture forth and have many Adventures.  Open eyes make adventures more fun, so he may want to wait just that little bit before he does much more, though.  But he can make plans.  And set his intent.  Intention is a big part of everything, or so they tell me.

[HIs parents sound really nice, by the way, so he may just want to hang around long enough to get to know them.  They may be good to know for visiting with from time to time, in between Adventures.  Just saying, Ivan.  And growing a little bit first wouldn't be a bad thing, while you're getting your eyes to open.  And those parents do sound nice.]

___

 

No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}