QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 8, 2015

Songs That Are So Fromage You Decide to Go Vegan #1 : Glen Campbell

My dad made some suggestions for my Songs by Jerks series, so I'm looking them up to see if I agree.

He suggested this song by Glen Campbell. I actually think it should win a much more prestigious award: Songs That Are So Fromage You Decide to Go Vegan. Oh my days. How can one find jerkiness in lyrics that are just so overwhelmingly horrible? Thank God my dad is here to share these things with me. LOVE IT.

Highlights:

I still might run in silence tears of joy might stain my face
And the summer sun might burn me 'til I'm blind


 I dip my cup of soup back from a gurglin'
Cracklin' caldron in some train yard
My beard a rustling
But do read those last two verses in full (after the videos), cause they're a worse of cheese-art.






Though the wheat fields and the clothes lines
And the junkyards and the highways come between us
And some other woman's cryin' to her mother
'Cause she turned and I was gone
I still might run in silence tears of joy might stain my face
And the summer sun might burn me 'til I'm blind
But not to where I cannot see you walkin' on the backroads
By the rivers flowing gentle on my mind

I dip my cup of soup back from a gurglin'
Cracklin' caldron in some train yard
My beard a rustling, cold towel, and
A dirty hat pulled low across my face
Through cupped hands 'round the tin can
I pretend to hold you to my breast and find
That you're waiting from the backroads
By the rivers of my memories
Ever smilin' ever gentle on my mind

2 comments:

widdershins said...

But ... but ... it's so romantical.

London Mabel said...

Fair enough. Voltaire did say anything too stupid to be spoken is sung.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}