QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Skull Dishcloths

Time for some crochet.

My friend TheBoy often fixes things for us, often for free. He's our only friend with a chance of surviving a zombie apocalypse--we rely on him utterly.

I wanted to make a thank-you gift, and since he does all the house cleaning ;-)  I decided on dish cloths. But what pattern? What theme? At first I tried to find something in a boxer dog pattern, but couldn't find anything I liked. I saw some motorcycle ones (knit patterns), they were ok. But finally struck upon skulls.

I tried to make a cloth of mini skulls, based on this hat pattern. But my skulls don't show up well. Maybe the tapering shape of the hat brings out the skull pattern better. The pattern is "Creepy Skulls" by Spider Mambo. Also, my finishing row ended up wrinkled. So not a big success, but was fun to try.


Mine looks more like a bunch of screaming banshees.

But I also made three with just a half double crochet background, and a skull applique sewn on.

Here's the skull pattern, by Claude.



And here are mine. Looking at the original, I guess I could have more carefully sewn around the eyes, to open them up. But I think I like their rather pathetic, squinty expressions.


2 comments:

widdershins said...

Above and beyond perfect!!!

Marlene Detierro said...

These are so cute. I'm planning to make some. Thanks a lot for the inspiration. :)

Marlene
View this site for Westport Fishing Salmon

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}