QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, June 5, 2015

Songs by Jerks #1 - Adele

Sometimes I hear a song and I think: That narrator is really just an asshole.

Adele: Someone Like You

This is the most passive aggressive break-up song I've ever heard. "I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited... I hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over."

So you show up at your ex's house just to say: Hey pal, how's it going? Well I just came over to remind you that YOU BROKE MY MOTHERFUCKING HEART AND I'M STILL DYING OUT HERE WHILE YOU'RE IN THERE CAVORTING WITH YOUR NEW FLOOZY! Really Adele. Get some class.



No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}