QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Balcony days...

We're having a couple days of sunny skies, but cool air. Perfect for grabbing a laptop and some cats and heading out to the balcony. Haley likes to sit on the bench with me, and have schnoogles.






But it's a bit challenging when there's a predator under the bench, swatting at her through the slats.



Today we saw a shiny blue wasp. I've never seen one before. Apparently it's a mud dauber and not aggressively, but unfortunately I scared it away with all my flailing.


A truck has pulled up--someone's moving. I'm going to sit here and judge all their things, but the cats have taken the high road and retreated inside (aka scared of loud noises.) [Update: They're doing a terrible job loading this van. All horizontal, not enough vertical. They're leaving--so either they just made it, or they'll be back. ...They're go the cats! I'm going to miss hearing them run around. I haven't seen the new puppy leave yet, maybe they took him out this morning.]

Yesterday and today I could smell some funny cigarette-ahj.

Panoramic view from my messy balcony...
We used to joke with my mother about the giant velour blankets being sold out of a trailer on a road side, so one year she bought us (me, Fernando, brother, sister-in-law) all one. They're actually really warm!
You see there's lots of opportunities to spy on neighbors. The people on the middle balcony have a pulley, I assume for bringing stuff up? I've never seen it in action. 
And then a little greenery on the side.

 My polka dot Ikea curtains. I found one panel at one thrift store chain, and the other panel at a different thrift store chain. So now you know there actually is a patron angel of thrift shopping.


___
Song in my head... mostly cause the line "smoking funny things" comes in my head when I smell skunk.


1 comment:

widdershins said...

Cyoot kittehs absorbin teh sunbeams. :)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}