QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, June 19, 2015

It's Baby's town now...

My friends just had their first baby. This kid is going to be very independent, he came 11 weeks early, kicking at the womb entrance. Just so he could wear one of those cool preemie hats.

Now he's got his own place--who moves out at -11 weeks old?--at the new "Super Hospital." He's basically just off on his own, living his own life, with his own entourage.

And now I find out he's going to his first concert:

"After the largest and most complex move in the history of Canadian hospitals, the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) announced today a Montreal-style festival weekend to celebrate this accomplishment. Local artists Sam Roberts Band and Stéphanie Lapointe will perform on the evenko stage at the Glen site's inauguration celebrations"
The kid can't digest milk, yet he's off to his first concert. I wrote him a sharply worded email that I'd better not catch him smoking funny cigarettes with the Sam Roberts Band.

I wish I was a cartoonist so I could capture the shenanigans of Baby: Man About Town.

In other Baby news, he has a Russian name--which I of course won't use here (what's the fun of blogging if you can't give everyone pseudonyms) so let's say his name is Ivan. Meanwhile his cat brother is named Pedro. So I don't expect Baby's troublemaking to stop when he gets home, because then begins The Secret Adventures of Ivan and Pedro.



1 comment:

widdershins said...

I would so read that book.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}