QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Songs So Cheesy You Go Vegan #2

I can't decide whether this song is jerky, or fromaggio. Is it jerky to take, in secret, the phone call of your ex girlfriend? And to be all "girl you make it hard to be faithful" ?

I've always slotted this song into a third category: You have to be 16 to love it.

You just know there are all these teen girls out there, whose boyfriends have new girlfriends, and these girls hear this song and are all "This is how he feels about me and her. I just know it!" It's actually embarrassing to listen to.

To add to the fromage of it all: the whine in his tone, the woman wearing underwear, feeling a photo, and the singer's poor imitation of Steven Tyler mannerisms.

Bonus Material: The best comments from youtube. At end of post.



"Lips Of An Angel"

Honey why you calling me so late?
It's kinda hard to talk right now.
Honey why are you crying? Is everything okay?
I gotta whisper 'cause I can't be too loud

Well, my girl's in the next room
Sometimes I wish she was you
I guess we never really moved on
It's really good to hear your voice saying my name
It sounds so sweet
Coming from the lips of an angel
Hearing those words it makes me weak

And I never wanna say goodbye
But girl you make it hard to be faithful
With the lips of an angel

It's funny that you're calling me tonight
And, yes, I've dreamt of you too
And does he know you're talking to me
Will it start a fight
No I don't think she has a clue














2 comments:

widdershins said...

Those comments are hilarious!!!

London Mabel said...

Sometimes I read comments just for the entertainment value.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}