QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, February 27, 2012

Let's not follow the lines today

Usually after the Oscars I like to post the best eccentric dresses, normally drawn from the "Worst" lists. But the dresses I just scanned were all so drab, I think we'll all take much more inspiration from the works of Viktor & Rolf...
Eccentric doesn't bother me. 'Eccentric' being a poetic interpretation of a mathematical term meaning something that doesn't follow the lines - that's okay.  (Crispin Glover)
















   

5 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Those outfits made me burst out laughing. The further I scrolled down, the worse, well more outlandish, they seemed to get. Thanks for waking me up, as I'm a bit tired today.
Watched the Academy and was not impressed. : (

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

My favorite is the one where it looks like she's wearing her pillow and her bedspread.
Comfy.
Wonder if that comes in my size?

Kate George/Bodacious Betty said...

A couple of those dresses look impossible, like the one with the chunk out of the side - how does the bottom stand up after the break? Okay, I know that's not the point.

I like the bed dress the best too...

Kris said...

Kate- I thought the same thing.
It's amazing how they manage to come up these ideas.

widdershins said...

That first one looked like a chicken got stuck halfway out of the egg!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}