QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

O the Inertia of it All!

I've been procrastipacking all day. Like... do one thing to prep for my trip tomorrow, rest, do one thing, rest. And now of course I'm sleepy but can't go to bed. Packfail.

I have no energy these days. Minion and Haley are taking advantage by tag teaming their cuddles while I loll on the couch reading blogs. And taking too long to compose blog comments.

Ohhhh the inertia of it all.

So the Once Greatly Important question of which books to pack has been made easier by le e-reader. Just take the kobo with me, and choose what I want to read from that selection--which is about 30 books. I usually bring a physical book too, though, cause I like to read at take off and landing which is when electronic devices get the boot. I don't know whether to bring the Katie Fforde book with me. It's a quite large trade size. Decisions decisions.

In Leonard Cohen's song "Coming Back to You" the song ends with the idea that the song's been written as a way of avoiding going back to the lover in question. "And all I've said is just instead of coming back to you."

I wonder how many blog posts should end: And all I've written is just instead of [packing, or other chore of the moment.]

5 AM update: Sigh, of course, no sleeps. (Neeeessun doooormaaaa! No sleep toniiiiight!) Just this slow lethargic packing. Everything's been tossed in, now to consult the checklist. And maybe cull a few clothes.

Universal Kitteh Packing Help, after the video...



Madame bathes in suitcase
  

4 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

You're such a good kitteh mother providing her a place for a bath.

Judie said...

She's hoping you'll take her with you... she got all clean and everything. = )

widdershins said...

Sometimes a body just has to wallow.

London Mabel said...

@JJJ - I feel bad when I kick them out of the suitcase. Like I'm finally packing and doh! Another cat!

@Judie - How rude I must seem when I don't. But hope springs eternal each time!

@widders - Hopefully once I've splehed for a month, there'll be less wallowing. ...Or did you mean Minion!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}