QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, May 4, 2012

Brat Packs and coldies and batteries

Time for a Regular Ole Update, non? We've had enough heavy-depths. My mother's knee replacement went well, but she'll be in hospital til Sunday. They've got to find the right adjustment of her pain meds, cause she has to do lots of physio.

The Brat Pack and I have been taking our daily constitutionals. I wake up in the afternoon and as sson as I see the sun poking out, or it feels warmish when I let the cats out/in/out/in, then we head right out. My father taight me that in Nanaimo when you see the sun, you must immediately run out and frolic, so I'm applying the principle here in Vanouver. Us Easterners can adapt.

Except that I get cold super easily, no matter where I am. As a child I used to sit on/against the heaters, with a blanket tented over me, and spend my days like this. Right now I'm wearing three layers of socks with slippers, two layers of jogging pants, and three tops. And a blanket. Outdoors I was fine, but inside, no matter what, I'm a coldy.

Anyway. Today the sunniness held, so Sassy, Purrdy and I sat on the stoop and read (Indiscretion by Jude Morgan, very good so far.)

The Brat pack consists of Sassy, Rocky and Fast Eddy. The catitudes are the bro-sis team of Mystery and Purrdy (occasionally known as Puff Catty and Feline Dion, whom they greatly resemble), and Chino.

I only have a couple pics in my ipad... I have photos from the walk on my computer, but haven't loaded them on the compy yet. A laptop without a battery is next to useless, unless used not-on-a-lap, cause if it becomes unplugged--wham. You gotta start up and reload everything. So I did half my blog neighborhood stroll, and that's all I could stand.

This is my mum's living room. You can't go wrong with a cat, fish and dog.


CAT PIC

Can't quite see here, but Chino is part Scottish so he has a big fat head and big round eyes. I imagine that Angus, part Scottish wildcat, looks like Chino... but with Minion's personality.

3 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Glad your Mom's surgery went well. My Mom had both knees done some years ago. She said even when it hurts you have to do everything the physio says. She's a tough old bird.
Love your pics. and that the sun is out.: )

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

Yay for the sunnies. We are having heat lightening here. Aesthetically pleasing but I hope it stops before I have to drive home.
I am almost always hot. Especially since I hit menopause.
Another cat with Minion's personality. It can't be true!

J,J,J said...

Forgot to say - happy for your mom's good news.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}