QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Climb Godzilla and Other Fitness Tips

Ms. Brownlow got a fitbit. Have you heard of this? It's like a little pedometer except it also can tell when you're walking up stairs, you can wear it at night and track your sleep, and so forth. Then it wirelessly connects to your computer and sends you little encouraging messages about how active you've been, including comparisons of how far you've walked with real world objects. So I started getting these missives from La Brownlow:

Yesterday, I climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa. I am having a life of travel and adventure. Or Travel and Adventure. A Life Of.


I climbed 44 floors, which is the equivalent of The London Eye!! I'm so excited, because I've really wanted so much to go back to London!!!!!!!


climbed 12 flights of stairs [equivalent to climbing the tallest snowman -- but how tall would he be, really, given that it's 57F outside?


Even though I've had a relatively quiet day today, I did climb the World's Tallest Sandcastle!


I just climbed the tallest Dinosaur and boy was it LOUD!!! I think it was being friendly, but I'm not really sure.


My active score is still zero, and I've only burned half so many calories as it expected me to burn today. Well, I'm sorry if it's disappointed in me ... I do have such a lot to do and so many people and animals to satisfy, I can't have my entire life revolve around pleasing what appears to be a small plastic rectangle.


I just climbed Ankor Wat. It was very muggy.


I've only climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but I'd done that before. So 'meh.'


Why does fitbit under-value housework so? Is it sexist? Or is there some deeper meaning?


I have once again climbed the Leaning Tower of Pisa. A bit of a breeze there today. But it may get boring if I keep climbing it so often. I'm going to have to change my itinerary somehow. My Travel and Adventure Itinerary.


I have now climbed The Wicked Twister. And me with vertigo. I have to wonder if it was worth it.

Look what I just climbed! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdcl8NiCa38 The Spring Temple Buddha, the Tallest Statue in the World!!!! It's in China, so I've done a lot of traveling and adventuring today.


OMG, I just climbed Godzilla! Probably not my best idea.

3 comments:

widdershins said...

Oh, Mrs Brownlow!!!! ROFL

London Mabel said...

She does write the best emails.

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

What a funny app. And she makes it even funnier.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}