QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, May 7, 2012

Everlasting Wrecking Ball


"Everlasting Love" - Carl Carlton - Why only listen to new music, when there's so much older music to discover! I regularly zone in on artists or songs I've heard in the background of my life, but never paid enough attention to. This is just such an exuberant, life embracing love song.
Like the sun that shines
Endlessly shines
You will always be mine
It's eternal love 


"Wrecking Ball" - Amelia Curran - Don't know who she is or how I found this song, but it was so compelling I listened to it over and over.
Lose your guard, believe in me
I can love you best of all
I am the wrecking ball

4 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I'm all about female vocalists. Love that wrecking ball song. Gonna have to look for more of her work.

Robena Grant said...

Love your posts because I always learn something new. I'd never heard of Amelia Curran before, and have never heard this song. She has a gorgeous tone. Love it.

widdershins said...

Great voice, great song!

This is what Wikipedia says about Amelia.

"Amelia Curran is a Canadian singer-songwriter. She was born in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador and currently lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The National Post describes her music as “a bit like Leonard Cohen being channeled in a dusty saloon by Patsy Cline.”

London Mabel said...

I'm glad you guys liked it! I listen to that song over and over but haven't tired of it yet.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}