QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, May 28, 2012

Come and Get Us

Folks, pigs have flown. American Idol finally produced a non-schmuckaholic original song for its finale:



Fave music in 2011

"Come and Get Your Love" - Redbone - Only in the 70s would someone named Bert Sugarman have his own show.


"Us" - Regina Spektor - Another from 500 Days. So talented that Regina. Though I've no idea what the f**k the lyrics mean.

4 comments:

Robena Grant said...

I agree. I loved that song, and it was perfect for Phillip. I hope he goes on to huge success.

widdershins said...

non-shmuckaholic - Love it!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I've never watched AI. I know that when I hear the winners songs on the radio they all sound alike and very formula-itic to me.
I like that one though. And Redbone and Regina.

London Mabel said...

Yeah, JJJ, they don't give them interesting music to sing once they get albums etc. You need more than just a voice--you need good songs!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}