QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 7, 2013

Random-a-tude (Terrible Things, Polar Bear Dips, Ostrich Heads, and Cute)

* Buzzfeed has great lists. Like the worst things in the world... and they really are, like, THE WORST. Like these...




I hate #17 so much that back home I started sleeping on a heavy comforter (one that fits in my washing machine) instead of a fitted sheet. (And no, I don't like those elastics to hold them in place... the extra labor involved is not conducive to me washing my bedding.)

* I also liked the pics of people doing polar bear dips (swimming outdoors in winter.) Years ago my mum and I said we'd like to do it one day, but getting up and out of the house on January 1st just seemed insurmountable. Here in Nanaimo it's done on December 26th. I think it's the only thing on my "before I kick the bucket" list. Now that I see people wear costumes... well... now I'm really motivated!


* In other news, I needed one of these when I was at school. I got in many an important nap in the library via my winter coat. But they need to make it less ridiculous looking cause who wants to attract that kind of attention? I don't embarrass easily, but when I'm tired and sleep depraved, I don't need people striking up conversations with me because of my exciting nap apparel. ...They should make it look like a winter coat.



 * Random cute-a-tude:



* And finally, if you're not Julie, check out these kitty sleeping poses. Le sigh.


   

6 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

I tried to name my first message business Cat Stretch massage because I wanted people to get up from the table, stretch like a cat and feel good.
No one got it, though.

Skye said...

Those were definitely horrible things! :)

I have a mattress pad on my mattress that is just a little too small, but it works. It has elastic all around as does my bottom sheet. But sleeping on top of a comforter would be so comfy and warm this time of year! I'm just not sure I could fit a heavy, queen-sized comforter in this washer. I'd need a front-loading washer or a laundromat! But it sounds cozy.

BrotherPaul said...

I have to pee, but I'm really comfortable.

Robena Grant said...

Ha ha. Very cute. You made my morning.

widdershins said...

Polar-bear-ing ... and think of how warmly you could dress under a costume!

Judie said...

The cat pictures are so awesome. Made me laugh.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}