QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 21, 2013

Romaaaaaaance!

Oh my days.

Someone on youtube has posted Bob & Rose, just this week. Rush to find a utility for saving videos off youtube in case it gets removed! And then download the series!!

It's from the same guy who did Queer as Folk, and revived Dr Who. A 6 hour series about a gay man who meets a woman and falls in love with her. He's not bisexual, he just clicks with this one woman. Confusing for him, for her, for the female best friend in love with him, for his ex-boyfriend, and for his mum who turned gay activist for him.

The Brits make these great little love-story-family-dramadies mini-series. I love it, I wish I could catch more of them.

If you need a taste, here's the best scene from the series. "You! Gorgeous creature!" I love this scene so much, it gets me all weepy. Rivals the speech at Agincourt.


6 comments:

BrotherPaul said...

"ENGLAND, HARRY, AND SAINT JOOOOOOHHHNNNNN!!!"

When you've seen the show it is impressive how much is going on in this scene.

Robena Grant said...

Gah! And now I want to see the whole thing. That was fabulous!

BarbN said...

Oh, LOVE it!! Thanks for posting it.

London Mabel said...

@Paul - You're right, I didn't even think of that. It's great storytelling. Such a talented writer.

@Robena & Barb - It's SO romantic and funny and interesting.

widdershins said...

Oh Bugger! ... not I have to watch and find out why there was a Sad Face at the end of the clip.

Sometimes I despair of writing dialogue this good, and sometimes I know I have.

"... gorgeous creature ..." - priceless!

London Mabel said...

"Sometimes I despair of writing dialogue this good, and sometimes I know I have."

lol That's a healthy perspective I think!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}