QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

He's not heavy he's my brother... my funny brother

My brother is a very creative, and very funny guy. One year he gave my husband Klingon Knitting Batliffs for his birthday. Fernando was into knitting, so Pablo bought knitting needles, painted them a bunch of exciting colors, named them knitting batliffs (Fernando loves Star Trek) and made an accompanying card to explain them.

For my birthday one year he made me a Tom Servo doll--my favorite character from the TV show Mystery Science Theatre 3000. MST3K was a show about a guy stuck on a space station and forced to watch terrible movies (old sci fi films, mostly); so he builds some robots to watch with him. The show consists of a shortened version of some terrible movie, with the guy and two robots throwing out one-liners while they watch.





This is the one Pablo made me. One of the best gifts I ever received.




3 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Those are the best kind of gifts. What a great brother you have.
I had a friend who used to watch that show. I watched it with him a couple of times.

Skye said...

Your brother is awesome! I love MST3K, but haven't watched it in a while. Did you know that you can buy "riff tracks" of MST3K (or someone like them) riffing on more contemporary movies? Sierra did that for the birthday party of hers that I attended. The movie was the last Indiana Jone movie (the one with the aliens). It rocked.

London Mabel said...

Lol I did not know about riff tracks

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}