QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mr Fusspot: The Third Muskateer

There's a new addition to the menagerie:


At work I'm reading Pratchett's Making Money which features, on its cover, Mr Fusspot (Chairman of the Bank.)


When we got this stuffed pug in at work I cried out: "It's Mr Fusspot!" Now he shares cuddle-guard duty with Betty Widdersley-Brownlow (avatar name: Morg) the cat, over Praying Mantis the bunny. (Mantis prays 24/7, a feat she's only capable of if supplied with enough hugs.)


The three of them sit on the back of my couch and watch videos with me.

5 comments:

Skye said...

Nice menagerie! Right now I just have my knitted hedgehog who guards my bed and sleeps with me. He's very bouncy and can be dribbled like a basketball.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

My cactus La Diabla is sick. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't switch from plants to stuffed animals. They seem like so much less trouble.

widdershins said...

A fearsome trio, indeed!

London Mabel said...

skye - Who knitted you a hedgehog? Sweet!

JJJ - I always kill plants, which is so depressing.

Skye said...

Mabel: a former co-worker knitted me one. She went through a phase of knitting them for friends, in return for us buying her the yarn for it, and then some yarn for a project of her own. Mine is the largest of them all. She knitted a set of three small ones for a friend who would juggle them. And some afternoons, we would have hedgehog wars in the hallway at work and hurl them at each other. They are wonderfully soft and bouncy!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}