QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Jennifer Nettles can sing the sh*t out of anything

Before you start buying your own music, your taste is influenced by what's in the home. In my case Sgt Pepper, Peter Paul and Mary, the Blues Brothers, Rod Stewart, Bob Marley, the McGarrigles, Prince...

And a couple compilation pop albums that my aunt sent my brother. I can remember almost every song from it, including this one:


5 comments:

Skye said...

My folks had 101 Strings, a guy who sang Irish and Australian songs, and some country. Luckily for me, my babysitter and her husband listened to the Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and the like! And after my older half-brother (who lived with us for a little less than a year when he was in high school) left to join the Marines, I swiped his 8-track tape (yes, I'm that old) of Moody Blues Days of Future Passed and listened to it until it broke.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

awesome

widdershins said...

LOL ... love it!

London Mabel said...

8 track tapes - woo!

Anonymous said...

YOWZA!!!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}