QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, October 3, 2013

"Why don't you stay awhile, see how it's done."

You know where this writer's block is coming from? I'm afraid I'm going to bore myself. Halfway through my nano last November I started disliking my story, my characters, everything. And now whenever I think of writing I get all "vanity vanity all is vanity" because I'm not going to enjoy it. That's my fear.

But, I'm plugging along, looking for ways back in. Tonight's inspiration is Motown boy bands and their spawn. The dance moves, the skinny suits, the 'tude--I love it all.

The originals...




Best use of the moonwalk since Jackson "debuted" it at Motown's 25th...


My #2 boyfriend after Oscar Wilde...


And these days, Bruno:



2 comments:

Skye said...

Glad you're getting back into your writing! My novel is still in a box. At least it's in a box that's in the house and I know where it is! Next week. I'll pull it out next week after I get back from my little trip to the coast.

widdershins said...

Boredom is certainly part of writing a story of any length other than flash or a short story, as is disliking the whole damn thing. I guess it depends on how much we hunger to write those words, 'The End'.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}