QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, October 18, 2013

Why i can't write! (and it's cats)

Sent to me by Ms Brownlow.


(From “Natural History” by Donald Barthelme, published in the August 1971 issue of Harper’s).

Maybe my brain thinks Fernando is a cat? Or is the Haley mojo just taking some time to come online? She's been in an adjustment period, after all. Though she seems quite at home now. She's enjoying having ALL the sleeping spots to herself: [going clockwise around room]

- round cat scratch house (on top and inside)
- my lap
- my chest
- sofa if unoccupied
- tupperware drawers
- window sill
- bed
- dollar store tent
- book bag
- quilt which she pulled down and arranged on the floor to her liking, then crawled inside to sleep
- sewing table
- laundry room if open

And she finally broke a dish yesterday, so she must really feel at home. Now that she's asserted her dominance over me and my things.

In other cat news:


  

4 comments:

Skye said...

Hmm. So I haven't been able to write because I have no cat of my own? I need to begin writing again now that I'm living with a cat. And, penguins? Really?

I'm glad Haley has asserted her dominance and made your home her home. I especially like the part about the quilt. :) Glad you have a furry companion to make your home more homey.

widdershins said...

Yes ... verry hard to typw with cat on chest, even if purring!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Clairvoyant penguins could break anyone's writers block.

London Mabel said...

@Skye - Maybe a stuffed cat will help. Or a picture? Best of vibes getting back to your writing!

@widders - Or when they full on sit on your keyboard

@JJJ - And if it doesn't, there's something wrong with you

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}