QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, November 8, 2013

Book relief

Came across a photo of books I bought back in 2008. Such a relief to see that I have read some of them since then! Well, 9 of the 36 we bought that day.
\

The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson: Didn't like at all.

The Time Traveler's Wife - Audrey Niffenegger: Didn't finish, didn't like.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society - Mary Ann Shaffer: 
First half super witty, second half cliche and badly researched.

Three Bags Full - Leonie Swann:
 Sheep solving a mystery--really enjoyed.

Morlante - Stéphane Dompierre: About a writing pirate. Violent but funny.
 
Monkey Love - Brenda Scott Royce : Cute.

My Lucky Star - Joe Keenan: VERY Wodehouseian. Enjoyed.

Salaam, Paris - Kavita Daswani: Okay

Millionaire: The Philanderer, Gambler, and Duelist Who Invented Modern Finance - Bored, stopped reading.

3 comments:

Skye said...

This is the kind of book review I like: concise and to the point! :)

I have such a big TBR, both library books and owned books. Of course, most of the owned books are in storage. But I also live in a librarian's house, which is one huge TBR!

widdershins said...

LOL ... what Skye said!

London Mabel said...

I dislike reviews that start by summarizing the book. Okay on a blog, but on goodreads or amazon I've already read the description of the book, before hitting the reviews. Just tell me what you think!!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}