QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Nanos updates

So the writing was pretty TORTURous for a bit. I spent an entire day on Sunday playing ipad games and watching Dr Katz episodes. The clear signs of someone trying to NOT do something else with her time (I didn't settle into watching movies and crocheting) but still also NOT writing.

I think I didn't know what to write next. So I finally employed the old trick of just skipping to something fun. I didn't skip ahead exactly, but I focused on the romantic plot line for awhile until the political one crept up on its own. It worked great. I finally got 3534 by Monday night.

Tuesday night I was stumped again cause I needed to make Something Happen to get my plot going, but didn't know what that action should be. So procrastinating ensued. But one I got the idea, I was able to do 1585, and then write out what scenes need to happen next.

But oh that Sunday was PAINFUL. Lord I was a mess.

Here is Madame Paw Block herself. "I'll just settle down here on mahmmy's chest... Can't see your keyboard mahmmy? Wah wah wah. Practice your touch typing. But first, pet me."


2 comments:

Skye said...

I'm glad you were able to keep writing, even if you had challenges (*cat* ahem) and blockages. Good for you for getting past them all!

And our Plum does this same thing to his mom, too. "You didn't really want to see your laptop/book, did you? Because you should look at me sitting on your chest, in your face. I'm beautiful!"

widdershins said...

Widdercat goes, "Of course you can type with one hand!"

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}